Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last Wednesday I got the sudden urge to bake cookies so I whipped up some chocolate chip cookies.  I posted a photo of them on Instagram and Facebook, and everyone was all “you better post the recipe or we’ll stab you!” Just kidding, no one threatened to stab me.
Super soft & delicious!
My friend Rachel, from Maybe Matilda, did crack me up by saying, “Your baked goods are the Victoria’s Secret models of the culinary world.  Mine are the Danny DeVito’s”.

I think part of the reason why my cookies come out looking like the Victoria’s Secret models of the culinary world is because of my AirBake cookie sheets.  I love them so much I could marry them.  The mega size cookie sheet is my favorite because you can fit like 100 cookies on it.  Not really, but it seems like 100.

I should also add that I use parchment paper with the AirBake cookie sheets.  Why the parchment paper?  Because I’m super lazy, and I don’t want to have to hand wash the baking sheets when I’m done.

Another tip in case you want to know: I don’t trust the time on recipes.  I undercut the time by 2-3 minutes, check on the cookies when the timer beeps, and I add 1-2 minutes if they don’t look done yet.  I’ll keep doing this until they look right.  So, basically, I’m a slave to my oven when I bake.  I also know my oven runs a little hot, so I bake everything at 340-345°.  I don’t know if that makes a huge difference, but it’s what I do.
Last chocolate chip cookie baking tip:  I found that these cookies look best, in the end, if you roll them into balls.  I’ve tried dropping them on the cookie sheet with my cookie scoop but they don’t look as pretty as they do when they’re in ball-form.

Here’s your printable 3×5 recipe card.  Click on the image to download it.

Are your baked goods Victoria’s Secret models or Danny DeVito’s?
Have you tried AirBake cookie sheets?
Any cookie baking tips for the rest of us?

Disclaimer:  The AirBake people have no idea who I am.  They didn’t give me any dough (money or cookie) to mention them in this post.  I just wanted to share my love of them with you.

Like this recipe?  Then you should definitely check out my other recipes!

Comments

I’m a hardcore AirBake + parchment paper = love kinda girl. Those baking sheets changed my life. I also think parchment paper is the most underutilized baking tool out there. Love that stuff.
    Thanks for the recipe. I wasn’t kidding. These look perfect! Soft cookies are the BEST!

Hey, me just met you. And this is crazy. But you got cookie, so share it maybe! (Cookie Monster voice) :) If you haven’t seen it yet, you should YouTube sesame street’s “Share It Maybe”.

I forgot that they make cookie sheets other than AirBake.

Nate taught me the check the cookies early trick. Makes a huge difference. I can no longer eat my mom’s cardboard cookies.

Oh yum yum yum! I’m a hopeless baker but I have been told that biscuits aren’t too hard to make so I am not too intimidated by these. Off to find myself an AirBake sheet!

I ask you: is there anything better than a chocolate chip cookie? The response is my house is: NO! They’re the best – and yours are gorgeous! I’ve copied the recipe, and will see about getting an air soft cookie sheet. Thanks for the recipe and all!

MMMmmmm, Victoria’s Secret cookies. I know what cookie sheets to ask for for Christmas! You would laugh (or maybe cry?) if you saw how ugly EVERYTHING I EVER BAKE is. I usually do okay with taste, but nothing I bake is ever cute. We all have our crosses to bear. Life is hard.

7. Tina says

holy cow, I just made these and they are my new go-to recipe for chocolate chips cookies. They could possibly be the best cookies I have ever made (and I am a great baker!). Thanks times a million.

8. melissa says

the only thing i would change iiis the amount of salt. is it possiblle that the measurement is off? i jjust made these and followed the recipe to a T and they are a bit salty…. otherwise very good recipe!!

9. Kim K says

These are easily the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever baked. They’re perfect! Thank you for sharing the recipe, these will make my husband a happy man for many years to come.

10. nicole says

so the fam loves choco chip and they like them soft. well these tasted great when warm because they “were” soft. But, as soon as they cooled they were hard like store packaged cookies. Any suggestion on how to keep them soft. otherwise the taste of them is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• chelsea says

You may have baked them too long. So try lowering the baking time a little. In the future try putting a piece of bread in the container with the cookies to help with cookie softness.

These are delicious! I hate crispy cookies, so these soft ones were prefect for my taste. I brought a batch over to my grandmother’s house for Sunday dinner, and my entire family loved them. Thanks so much for sharing!

I haven’t tried an Air Bake Pan yet, but I have found that using Parchment Paper on my baking sheet makes them turn out sooooo much better :)

13. Nicole says

Can I use any other oil? I typically don’t use canola because of its bad press (the weed that it is made from is one of the top ingredients in fertilizer! YUCK!). Wondering if another oil will work as well?

14. Pam says

Baked these yesterday and my husband and his friends said they were “the best in the world”! I love soft cookies and these suited me just fine too!

I found your recipe and converted it to be gluten free. They are delicious and I would like to post the recipe on my own blog. I would like your permission to post my converted recipe with credit for the original and a link connected to you. I hope to hear from you! Thanks!

16. Pam says

I made these cookies a few weeks ago. Not only did they end up looking just like yours (my baking never looks like the picture!) the taste was out of this world. I’ll be making these again for sure! Thank you!

17. Lucky Me says

I made these today and they turned out great! I experimented with each batch and the best ones were the cooked about 9 minutes on a baking sheet with parchment paper (love that stuff!), allowed to cool a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and then transferred carefully to a wire rack to cool all the way. They looked really under-done – but they firmed up enough to hold their shape, while still remaining soft. Perfect! Thank you for sharing!

this recipe made a ton of cookies I was just craving home made choc chip cookies so I picked your recipe and OMG they were awesome ..what I would call the perfect cookie! and everyone at work loved them just as much as I did. they called me betty crocker! thanks a ton

I just made these. They turned out great but the baking time of 8 – 9 minutes isn’t remotely enough on a regular baking sheet (my stove is only a few years old, so I doubt it’s that as everything else is always fine). At that baking time, they were still practically raw.

I ended up having to cook them for 18 or so minutes to get them to even be done?
    Denise recently posted..WIP: Sanquhar Gloves Update: Making Progress!My Profile