Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies

With Valentine’s Day coming up, I thought I’d whip up an easy sugar cookie to share with you guys.  The main reason why I love these cookies is because they don’t require rolling and cutting like many sugar cookies.  Oh, they’re delicious too.  That’s another reason why I like them.

Easy sugar cookies!

If you make these you’re more than welcome to add some food coloring to the icing to jazz things up a bit.  You can also eat half of the icing out of the bowl.  I don’t care what you do, and I’m not here to judge.

Easy Valentine's Day sugar cookies! No rolling and cutting necessary!

As always, here’s a printable 4×6 recipe card.  Click on the image of the card to download it.

4x6 valentines day sugar cookies

Happy baking, friends!

The BEST and easiest sugar cookies! No rolling and cutting necessary!

Comments

You are the queen of beautiful baking. Those cookies are gorgeous! And how awesome that you don’t have to roll them out–that is the main reason I never make sugar cookies. Too much work!
    Rachel recently posted..5 ThingsMy Profile

2. Chelsea says

I showed these to my son (4 years old) and he wants to make them tomorrow :-) we are excited there’s no rolling, as I don’t have a rolling pin! Hah

3. Melanie says

New follower :). I just made these with my boy. Super easy to follow and the result was perfection! Thank you for sharing.

I found your blog while poking around in the archive for YHL’s Macklemore challenge and I looooove your blog. So light, airy, sweet, and relatable. Your personality really comes through in your posts. I will be adding you to my feed.

P.S. I will have to whip these cookies up for my cowokers and boyfriend. So cute!

apartment pants blog
    Christine recently posted..spunky dunkers donuts.My Profile

these look great. quick question about your icing, do you find it hardens or does it remain buttercream consistency rather than that of a straight up water/milk & sugar icing would? thanks!

6. Grandma Judy says

These look so beautiful – perfection. Just made them and mine don’t look even close. Do you take the cookies out when they are really soft? Mine are crispy. Do u pipe on icing or use a spatula?

• says

I took mine out when they were still soft but light brown on the bottom. I have to admit, I watched these closely because I didn’t want them to be too crispy. They hardened a little bit after cooling but after sitting overnight in an airtight container with the icing on them, they softened up. I piped the icing on and then smoothed it out with an angled spatula.

7. Stephanie says

Is there something out there i can use instead of butter in the icing?

The cookies are delicious my son and I had a great time making them.

These are amazing! I made them for my sons birthday and since then my friends and family demand that I make them for everything. Lightly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Just the right amount of sweetness. PERFECTION! Thank you so much for sharing. Now I am “the girl with the perfect cookies”.