It’s officially acceptable to start talking about Christmas!
To celebrate this momentous annual occasion, I’m sharing these Peppermint Oreo Truffles, which are the perfect holiday treat.
Now, they may look intimidating because they’re an attractive dessert, but they’re really simple to make. And there’s the added bonus of only needing 5 ingredients.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that these can be made a day or two in advance. Just keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
For the crushed candy cane topping, I usually put candy canes in a ziploc bag and crush the candy canes with the bottom of a glass. But as I was strolling through Michael’s, I came across a bag of Candy Cane Crunch. I had a 50% off coupon (I think it was $3-4) so I threw a bag in my cart. So if you don’t want to spend time crushing candy canes, head to Michael’s and grab a bag of this stuff.
Oh, and I used vanilla almond bark for the coating. But you can use whatever you want, whether that be almond bark, candy melts, or melting chocolate. Just get at least 8 ounces because that’s exactly how much I needed.
- 1 16 oz. package regular Oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teas. peppermint extract
- 8 oz. melting chocolate, candy coat, OR almond bark (melted)
- Crush Oreos to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese and peppermint extract; mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate mixture until firm, about one hour.
- Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate/candy melt/almond bark; place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes immediately after placing on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
- Yields about 20-30 truffles.
- NOTE: add 1/2 teas. to 1 teas. more peppermint extract for more peppermint flavor
I’ve partnered up with some other bloggers to share some delicious peppermint recipes. So make sure you head over to their blogs and check out their tasty creations!
Strawberry Candy Cane Mousse from Mom Endeavors
Peppermint Cheesecake Jars from See Vanessa Craft
Candy Cane Almond Bark from A Night Owl Blog
peppermint hot chocolate from Spaceships & Lasberbeams
Peppermint Macarons from Ashlee Marie
Peppermint Oreo Truffles from Two Twenty One
Peppermint Brownie Truffles from Happiness is Homemade
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge from Printable Crush
Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies from The Idea Room
Peppermint Chocolate Cookies from Two Twenty One