Roll Up Necklace Organizer {Bubble Necklace} {Bubble Necklaces}

I told you yesterday on my very first, legen (wait for it) dary vlog post that my statement necklaces were a big hit at Haven.  Since it wouldn’t be socially acceptable to wear all three necklaces at the same time in order to not tangle them while traveling, I had to come up with another solution.  I mean, I could probably rock the Mr. T look, but I didn’t want to chance things.

You’ll need only two things to make your organizer: a place mat (I got mine at Target) and some ribbon.  I already had the ribbon, so this project cost me a whopping $4.25 for two organizers ($1.99 per place mat + tax).

All you have to do is roll your necklaces in the place mat and tie it off with the ribbon.
Check out my fancy pants GIF animation skills.  Cue the oohs and aahs.

My necklaces traveled amazingly well and didn’t tangle at all.

OK, so where did I get the necklaces that everyone is swooning over?  The answer, my friends, is Ebay.  The necklaces are knock-off J. Crew bubble necklaces.  The price of an original J. Crew bubble necklace?  $150.  Oof.  That’s three months worth of water bills, people.

source

The cost of a knock-off bubble necklace?  $13.99.  That price includes shipping!  From China!  Craaazy, right?

Head over to Ebay and search “J. Crew bubble necklace”.  Keep in mind that these necklaces are coming from China so it takes 3-5 weeks for them to arrive on your doorstep.  They come with tracking codes so you can keep tabs on your necklace.

Does buying from Ebay make you nervous?  Buy a bubble necklace from amazon.com.

Amazing news!  I’m giving away a turquoise bubble necklace!
The giveaway begins Oct. 23 and ends on Oct. 31st.
Click HERE to enter!

How do you keep your necklaces organized and untangled when traveling?
Do you think you’ll buy one of these necklaces?
How much do you love me for giving you this little tip?  A lot, I’m sure.

Comments

I did “oohhh” at your GIF skills, fancypants blogger. ;)
    I do the same thing w/ necklaces but I use several layers of tissue paper (I usually save the thicker stuff from stores like anthro or something.) I love the idea of using the place mat though.

I ordered 2 bubble necklaces from eBay earlier this week! When I pack smaller jewelry I put the chain through a straw then clip the hook. Works like a charm. I’ll have to try this for my bubble necklace!

Don’t forget us little people when you make it big with your fancy blogging skills…

I really like these necklaces on other people but I’m afraid I may look silly in them. They are cheap enough to test it out though…

I just ordered two necklaces through the link you shared and ebay sent me emails saying that the listings for the necklaces have been removed. Now the link no longer works and ebay is recommending that I open a case through their Resolution Center if the items do not arrive. I just wanted to let you know so that you and other readers are aware of it.

• says

I just got the same email because I ordered another necklace yesterday. I got an email like that when I ordered my turquoise necklace (from another seller), but the necklace still arrived. I removed the link from the post. Sorry! I hope you guys don’t come after me with pitch forks. I used this seller before and got the necklace as promised. Fingers crossed he/she follows through!

• says

It’s not your fault at all; I just wanted you and readers to be aware :) Ahh the joys of knock-off jewelry. I really hope the necklaces come. I’m in love with them already!

Loved meeting you at Haven!! You are forever the necklace lady to me!! I keep looking them up on ebay but have yet to order one. Can’t decide on a color!!!

I’m going to poke around your blog now for awhile and enjoy some fun evening reading!!

Jen
    {at home in the northwest}

What a neat idea! And saving so much money through buying those necklaces on ebay – brilliant! I would so get them myself but I’m afraid with the 3-5 weeks wait summer would be over in Norway:(

xx The Annglophile