How to Turn a Regular Scarf into an Infinity Scarf

If you know me well you know my love of pashminas and scarves.  I have a collection of about 30– near hoarder status.  In my defense, I always get a scarf or pashmina as a souvenir when I travel.

On a recent shopping adventure I scooped up a couple lightweight scarves to add to my collection.  One scarf is an infinity scarf, but the other wasn’t.  I thought the regular scarf would look better as an infinity scarf so I decided to perform minor cosmetic surgery on the scarf.   And the best news yet, I didn’t even have to break out my sewing machine.

How to turn a regular scarf into an infinity scarf without sewing!  A fast and easy no-sew project!!

Here’s what I started with.  A regular scarf from Forever 21.  Let’s call it Jen Aniston pre-nose job.

how to make an infinity scarf

I grabbed some Heat n Bond while at Walmart (don’t judge me), my iron, and scissors.

how to turn regular scarf into infinity scarf

I followed the instructions on the back of the Heat n Bond packaging because good girls read the directions.

I started by putting the Heat n Bond on one end of the scarf, and I stuck my iron on top for 2 seconds.  I did this along the entire edge of one side of the scarf.

DIY infinity scarf

Then I peeled off the paper.  See how the film stuck to the scarf?

do it yourself infinity scarf

I took the other end of the scarf, folded it under so there would be a seam instead of it looking like I put the two edges together.  I bonded the two ends of the scarf together by holding my iron on the scarf for about 6 seconds in each spot.  I let the scarf cool, and then it was ready to go.

how make infinity scarf

And here she is now– Jen Aniston post-nose job.  Some people know how to make cosmetic surgery work for them, like this scarf and Jen.  Lindsay Lohan, on the other hand, wellllll. . .

how to make an infinity scarf

Seriously, this is the easiest DIY no-sew project ever.  I’m already debating what I can Heat n Bond next.

Check out some of my most popular posts!

Stalk away!

This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

1. Renee says

I actually never would have thought to use that. Great job! And don’t ever be ashamed of shopping at Walmart. I work there! Great items and better prices!! :)

2. Jaime says

I have used that and recently found Press and Seal or Bond or whatever it’s called. Same concept but no heat at all. It’s sticky on both ends and you just press and you’re done! I made striped curtains with a black sheet and the press and seal. I buy it in at least 2 or 3 when I get it at Wal-Mart!

Okay, I know this is borderline stalker, but I remember you saying in your Bloggiversary post that you wouldn’t post about an new ironing board cover, but your ironing board cover is so cute it may be worthy of its own blog post! Where’s it from?!

Also, I love this idea and I am addicted to heat ‘n’ bond too!

I love your ironing board cover! It’s so hip and fun! :)
    This is a great idea, too. So clever.
    Just curious, though, since it has happened more than once – why do you always say “don’t judge me” when you mention buying something at Walmart? Is there something wrong with shopping there?
    Ash @ HumberHomeProject recently posted..DIY MAY-nia Link Party!My Profile

thats a great idea. I have so many scarves around I don’t wear because I don’t want to deal with which way to wear it! I love infinity scarves though!

Thanks for the tip

Laura

6. jan says

I have several scarves that have the fringed ends that just don’t look stylish to me. Do you think they would look right if I cut the fringe off and turned them into infinity scarves’

7. Shalamar says

I love your blog. I just discovered it!! Thanks for all the amazing tutorials. You’re a great writer too. Most craft blogs are boring to read and I’ll just skip down to the tutorial but not yours. I think you have a great personality!! I love reading your posts!!!

8. Deebi27 says

Found this on Pinterest, wow so easy to do and just what I need for next weekend at my daughter’s baby shower! Thank YOU!!!