Braided Chain Bracelet {How to Make a Bracelet}

Hey, friends!  How was your weekend?  We drove to Cleveland on Friday for a friend’s wedding that evening.  Does spending 5+ hours in a car make your butt fall asleep?  Yeah, mine too.  It dawned on me a couple days before the wedding that I didn’t have a bracelet to go with the dress I was planning to wear.  So I did what any DIYer would do– I whipped up my own bracelet.

I came across this blog post by Kellie from Nest of Posies about a week ago, which led me to this tutorial by Erica from Honestly… WTF?

I got all of my supplies from JoAnn Fabric.  I used some coupons so the price in the parentheses is actually what I paid.large lobster claw clasp: $3.99 ($3.19)
5 embroidery threads: $1.95 ($1.56)
1/2 yard large gold chain link (found in the lace by-the-yard section): $9.99 ($6)
The total cost of my bracelet was about $6.  The half yard of gold chain allows you to make two bracelets so I’ll be making another one soon.  I should also let you know that it took me about an hour to make the bracelet.

I followed Erica’s tutorial but after a while I got rid of the bobby pins.  Another issue I ran into was the links.  The links below the link I was working with would get in the way so I ended up disconnecting those links.  I would add them back on one at a time as I braided the thread on.

At the end of the wedding festivities (belly dancers and all), I realized that I didn’t have a good photo of myself modeling the bracelet.  All I had were some fantastic photo booth photos.  Hopefully my friend doesn’t kill me for posting these.  Love you, Kristin!

So I threw the dress back on yesterday to take this photo.  My head is intentionally not in the photo because I was sans makeup and my hair was beyond frightening.  You’re welcome.

I know the bracelet is super matchy-matchy, but I like it.  I paired it with fuchsia and gold teardrop dangle earrings from Forever 21, which can somewhat be seen in the sequin-hat-wearing gangster/evil bunny rabbit photo above.

braided chain bracelet jpg
EASY braided chain bracelet tutorial!

What do you think of the bracelet?

What’s your favorite thing about weddings/wedding receptions?
Do you have a quintessential photo booth pose?

Stalk away!

Comments

As a religious two twenty one follower, the four days a week post excite me to no end. Love the bracelet! The FOOD is the best part about weddings. And of course the feeling of a real life fairytale. Ha! how cheesy. What is your fave?

Adorable! I love it. You can’t buy something that cute for anywhere near that cheap.
    And seriously, your hands are ridiculous. Like, you should be a hand model.

Fabulous is what I think of the bracelet! I’ve seen the other tutorials and have loved the idea but have never been brave enough to attempt. As much fun as I had growing up in the 90’s, I surely didn’t want to look like I was stuck there…BUT the color scheme of yarn and your dress go so well with the gold chain bling, that I will have to pull out the old jewelry (from my now husband, but boyfriend back in the day) and try it out for myself.

-loving your bracelet. you did an adorable job!
    -LOVE your ring… of course ;)
    -you have the most amazing natural nails. do you do anything special with them? xoxo

• says

Thank you so much, Alicia! I wish I had a trick or tip to share with you but I don’t do anything special with my nails. I get my nails from my mom– we both have big nail beds and naturally French tipped nails.

How awesome! I love the colors you chose. I’ve been thinking about making something like this myself, and I think now I will!

I would love it if you would link up at Watch Out, Martha!’s first link up party: Martha Mondays on May 7th! Hope to see you there! (www.watchoutmartha.net )

Greetings, I do believe your web site might be having
    web browser compatibility issues. Whenever I take a look at your web site in Safari,
    it looks fine however, when opening in Internet Explorer, it’s
    got some overlapping issues. I merely wanted
    to provide you with a quick heads up! Other than that, fantastic website!
    専門店 激安 recently posted..専門店 激安My Profile